Wednesday, October 31, 2012

It's been 438 days since my wedding, and I'm still paying for the website!

I have a terrible habit of not writing things down. I should keep a record of what I'm spending, and I will. I'm just not there yet.

However, it also means that I have my bank's phone number memorized and I often listen to the recorded list of what's coming out of my account. And did you know...I'm spending $11.99 a month for my wedding website. I was married more than a year ago. I never did spend enough time on the darn thing, and now I'm still paying it.

Here. You can see it: http://www.ewedding.com/sites/jeffandnicole2011/

That's about the most traffic that site has ever had. I'm talking to you person who may have just clicked. I still, at this moment, have not yet cancelled it because I feel like I should copy and paste the nice things I said about my wedding party girls. Jeff never got around to doing his part, so nothing nice about the gentlemen there.

Still, I'm paying to have that thing around -- and it was never fully functioning. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

I've spent roughly $120 so far for the privelege of...what? Having a website around I forgot existed until my bank told me so?

That's just silly.

So, click again in a couple of days. Hopefully, you get a broken link.

Still, it's interesting how we hold on to things that cost us, even when they do not and cannot help us anymore. Whether it's piles of things taking up valuable space in our homes, or in a storage space (more on that soon. Oh, god.), or junk in our heads that just holds us back.

I never realized I also do that in terms of where my money is going. (Which is part of the reason I so seldom have any.)

No comments:

Post a Comment